0

Posted on Sunday, September 29, 2013

       My process for writing the first paper that we were assigned in English 102 was basically the process I learned in AP Literature in 12th grade during a project where we had to write 30 short essays just like this one over the course of the year. I know that may or may not sound pretentious but I worked really hard on that project so I better have gotten some sort of skill out of it. Before that my essay writing skills were pretty average, I’d say. Teachers or other students may say otherwise, positively or negatively.

       Because of this, I am able to take a piece of literature that I can relate to and pick out at least two aspects of it that I can truly find some sort of connection and write about it. Now, I’m not trying to say that I can write the best essays to grace planet Earth or have perfect grammar, but I do have a pretty good grasp on both of those. The one thing that stood out to me was that the author’s background said she was feminist, and as I am too, I decided to take the approach that her story was more than a crazy woman locked up in her house by a concerned husband. Short stories are often packed with some other meaning than what is given to you and it’s up to you to decide what it is, because technically there are no wrong answers as long as you can support it.

No Comments

Discussion

Leave a response