0

Posted on Friday, September 13, 2013

       Oh wow, oops I did it already, I forgot about this weekly blog post thing... better late than never, right? Well on this weeks episode of what Kaitlyn decides to talk about from English class: The Yellow Wallpaper. I've picked this particular story because it was the most interesting one because it kind of was so weird it didn't make sense but still addressed things that interest the raging feminist inside me. Let's pretend that made some sense.

My theory is that the woman who is the narrator isn't really crazy, or really wasn't enough to get shut up in a house for three months. I think her husband was so ashamed of having such a wife with a.... brain?! Heaven forbid a female of the time period be capable of thought and creativity. After being shut up for a while due to her supposed "nervous depression" or whatever it's called, she probably did go a little insane, as would any other human being.

No Comments

Discussion

Leave a response